We Love Moving! With our checklist you will too. Our checklist is specifically designed for use with the excellent, on time service of Peachtree Movers. Sure you can use it with other moving companies but your results may vary.
Here are our favorite tips (even the obvious ones) for you in one handy checklist:
- Unplug all appliances and electronics that are moving. Have a plumbing professional disconnect washers, dryers and water lines from refrigerators.
- Label boxes on top and sides clearly. Use new boxes for heavy items (they have more strength and integrity).
- Have clearly defined names for bedrooms such as Master, Daughter’s Room, Bobby’s room and make sure boxes are labeled with their destination.
- Change your address here is the link to the official USPS site.
- Get medical, vet and school records in order.
- Order new utilities and disconnect current ones.
- Take apart outdoor furniture and playhouses (Not feeling handy? We can do this for you, call for a quote).
- Figure out meals for the day of and days surrounding your move (pizza?)
- Make a “Do Not Move” box and this is where items you will need to survive in your new home should go. Pack all prescriptions, toiletries, clothes for several days, pet food, contacts and other necessities. Act as though you are going on a trip for several days and pack accordingly.
- Make arrangements for pets and children on moving day (you will have less worries if they are not underfoot and in harm’s way).
- Pack personal valuables like jewelry, watches, wallets, cash and check books and transport in your vehicle.
- Use up as much of your refrigerated foods prior to move day (get a cooler for the rest).
Getting ready for moving day is exciting. Let us take some of the stress out of your move by helping you get and stay organized with our checklist. To take the rest of your stress out of your move call Peachtree Movers for a quick, accurate quote at 404-355-8877 or visit us at www.peachtreemovers.com for more information.