Moving can be an overwhelmingly stressful time, there are just so many small details. Did you pick up your dry cleaning, return those Redbox movies, cancel your gym membership, grab the mail, change your address, and transfer your utilities? The list of things to do when moving goes on and on. Our goal at Peachtree Movers is to be the least stressful move possible, so take a tip from us and remember when moving that sometimes you need to delegate and ask for help.
Hiring reputable movers will certainly take the stress out of moving day, but the stress that builds up during the moving process before moving day is where friends and family can really help out.
Let your movers do the heavy lifting and your friends help with the packing, cleaning, etc. One idea is to have a packing party. You can make quick work of the hard work and have fun at the same time.
- Let people know what time the party is, and let them know that you would be happy to have their help for however long they can stay. Fifteen minutes, an hour, it's all good. And, even if they don't help, sometimes it's just nice to have the company.
- Provide plenty of newspaper, boxes, markers and tape.
- Even kids can join in; they can pack books, non-breakables and soft goods.
- Pizza is a traditional moving food but anything you can eat quickly and out of hand is good. Beer is nice and Champagne makes it festive.
- Upbeat music keeps the energy up. (Time for a playlist!)
- Don't forget the pump soap. Dust can make some folks itchy and newspaper quickly dirties your hands. Also good to have on hand: hairbands, bobby pins and elastics for people with long hair, books that haven't been moved in a while — and other items may be unexpectedly dusty, wet wipes can help.
- Be clear about what you need packed; have stuff separated before people come and set them to specific tasks.
Even if you can do it all, sometimes a little help goes a long way! Call us for a free quote at 404-355-8877 or visit us at www.peachtreemovers.com for more helpful tips.