At Peachtree Movers we've heard our clients ask, “What is the number one unnecessary item people pack when moving?”
For most people the answer is paper, Magazines, Catalogs, Mail, Receipts, Financial Statements, those stack of cards from last year, the list goes on!
Follow these tips to become more organized, to cut down on future paper, and to simplify your packing and unpacking:
1. Review all your paper; create a keep box and a garbage box.
2. Once you have separated the garbage review the keep box and take care of anything that needs immediate attention.
3. Purchase a scanner and subscribe to an online file hosting service like Dropbox, or use an external hard drive. Scan what you want to keep and place into organized files. Your important files will just be a click away the next time you need them.
4. Visit your bank, your gym, your doctor’s office, your student loans, your mortgage company or any other company that sends you and invoice or monthly statement and set up online/green statements.
5. Remove your name from mailing lists. Look for an email, website or contact phone number on the catalogs you receive and ask them to remove your name.